Jake's Reviews > Leadership and Self-Deception: Getting Out of the Box

Leadership and Self-Deception by Arbinger Institute

Jan 26, 11

bookshelves: leadership-books
Read in April, 2007

This book is by far one of the more influential reads that I have come across. The narrative is easy to follow and entertaining. At many points, most readers will be able to identify with Tom as his own experience with the way that he deceives himself into thinking one way about reality-even if his perception of reality is not actual reality. The Arbinger Institute strategically and effectively tackle the disease that plagues many business, organizations, and families-self deception.

This book has been very formative in my life, specifically in how I look at and prioritize motives over actions. The truths that "the heart is deceitful above all things" and that "as water reflects the face, so the heart reflects the man" coupled with concepts of being "in the box" (as the books labels it), have really shown me the need for every person to, at least in some way, come in contact with the ideas laid out in this book.

A definite recommendation from me to anyone aspiring to improve their relationships and purify their motives.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Leadership and Self-Deception.