Mary's Reviews > A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose

A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle

Feb 08, 08

Read in February, 2008

This is basically The Landmark Forum in book form. I'm very curious about the relationship between Tolle and Landmark Education, but I haven't been able to find any info on that so far. I suspect that I find this book so powerful because I've done The Landmark Forum. I suspect it might be a little too theoretical to have much practical impact on my real life if I didn't have that background and training. Read this book if you've ever considered doing the Forum to get a little taste of what the Forum is about, and then go do the Forum to have it actually make a difference in your life.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A New Earth.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Karin I just heard Oprah say "Create the possiblilty of being open" today on her show-- I have thought for years she did The Landmark Forum. If she didn't it sure seems like it. I know that Dr. Phil has. I was wondering if this book would be worth the read since I have been taken many Landmark courses.

I agree, read the book and then go do the Landmark forum and be blown away.

Catherine I did the Forum as well. Radically changed my life. This book basically reinforces those distinctions. At least there's no pressure to do the SELP! :~))

message 3: by A3aan (new)

A3aan I don't know about Eckhart Tolle doing the Landmark Forum, but I do know one thing: I would not have "gotten" his book the way I did, if I had not taken the Landmark Forum before reading it. I've red a lot of similar books before, but they always had an impact on me like: "yeah, that's so true! I should do that to!" Without really doing something. So I'm sure I agree with Karin. Maybe you should do the Landmark Forum first and then read all that great stuff about life!

Eyal Levin Great comment. I came here via a google search "eckhart tolle landmark education". I also did the forum (big satisfaction :) and wondered if there's a connection between it and eckhart's books. Will keep looking.

Lacey Mauro I have a list of 45 book titles to choose for a college class, and this book was on the list. After reading your review, and all the comments, it will definitely be my book choice! I too have taken the forum, as well as many other Landmark courses, and live by what I learned every day! It's been 11 years since I took the forum, and I look forward to the refresher! Thank you for your honest review of this book!

H.M.C. H.M.C. I found the Landmark Forum to be to attached to things that Tolle suggests we need to let go.

H.M.C. H.M.C. *too