Maureen's Reviews > Love, Honor, and Betray

Love, Honor, and Betray by Kimberla Lawson Roby

F_50x66
Jan 24, 11

Read in January, 2011

I usually enjoy her stories about the Black Family but I am getting annoyed. It's all the same recurring themes about cheating, lying, backstabbing by the same two people. The point is no one ever changes a new leaf and it all runs in the family. If you cheat on your spouse, you will always find other women appealing and if your spouse cheated on you, she is at risk to do it again. The fact that these two say they love each other despite all the betrayals and yet stay married to one another is despicable. So hope this is the last one to this saga!!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love, Honor, and Betray.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Donna (new)

Donna Rogers I love the book. It reminds me of how a story can be so one sided. She ,meaning the wife, thinks thats its all about her being happy and Curtis thinks its all about him. When in fact, both of them have done wrong. She just does not know about of his.

message 2: by Kim (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kim I so agree with you! and I read there is going to be another Black book...geesh!

Maureen Kimberley wrote: "I so agree with you! and I read there is going to be another Black book...geesh!"
Serious? What else can she write about the family? We get the point already. Enough and we don't need to be subjected to such immoral people. You think if we stop reading her books on this family she will get the point?

message 4: by Kim (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kim @Maureen oh I am definitely done with the Curtis Black series. As long as people still buy them I am sure the publisher will keep making them.

Maureen I am so disappointed by her later books, even her other recent ones seem very simplistic, and not deep at all.
Her original books were the best!

message 6: by Kim (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kim I think the story lines are entertaining, but for readers who have all of the books it is just redundant at this point. If she writes new books with a different subject matter I'll give them a chance.