Ape's Reviews > Night Geometry And The Garscadden Trains

Jul 25, 13

bookshelves: scotland, short-stories
Read in April, 2007

2007 bookcrossing journal:

This is a collection of short stories, maybe some of the first she had published. They are fantastic writing, but as always with Kennedy's work, they range from melancholic, to depressing and downright twisted. She never seems to experience the joy of living - but then each writer has their own way of looking at the world and expressing it.

I liked some of these better than others, although they are all good. A lot of couples drifting apart (if they were ever really together), lonely people and child abuse. There's this continuing theme, of the little, ordinary people, and how we are all soon forgotten when we die, considered unimportant, but that we all have a story to tell. I liked the one about the woman and her family of goblins and finally fleeing them; the woman haunted in bed by the ghosts of her old lovers; the crazy woman with her imaginary husband who travels about on trains. And the title story.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Night Geometry And The Garscadden Trains.