Ashley Delgado's Reviews > Double Vision: A Novel

Double Vision by Pat Barker

F 50x66
Mar 08, 11

Read from January 24 to March 08, 2011

In the book Double Vision by Pat Barker, a man named Ben, the husband of Kate who is a sculptor, was a photographer. He would always cover topics such as war and conflict all over the world. One day his work came to an end. I can't imagine how that would feel if that happened to a loved one. They weren't in the war, they were just taking pictures, and never came home. On top of trying to recover from the loss of a loved one, I became disabled from an accident? I'm not really sure how I would've handled that whole situation. Kate was a strong woman, compared to me. She pushed through the heartache and the pain, and still lived her life creating sculptures. I feel sorry for those that do go through something tragic like that. Not just a meer accident, but someone that is enrolled in the war, or is in a car accident. A lot of the time death just comes at someone without any warnings. That's the hard thing about it all. Like I said, Kate believed in herself. She believed she could finish her sculpture, she just needed help. I thank those who serve our countries and I pray for those who have injured loved ones.

Level 3 question;
Today more and more people enlist in the army, do you think that you could be as strong as Kate was if your loved one were to be drafted?
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Double Vision.