(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick's Reviews > The Unidentified Redhead

The Unidentified Redhead by Alice Clayton

** spoiler alert ** Originally posted at http://www.smexybooks.com/2011/03/rev...

Favorite Quote: “He was luminous. He was angelic. He was mine. Whether he knew it or not, he was mine.”

Grace Sheridan is a 33 year old woman who has come back to Los Angles for a second chance at becoming an actor. If she succeeds this will be her dream comes true. With her best friend Holly at her side she can’t fail. But when she becomes involved with Hollywood’s newest “IT” star, the 24 year old sexy British Jack Hamilton, she begins to have some serious doubts about herself, her career, and her life.

The Unidentified Redhead is a funny, madcap, very smexy romantic contemporary that had me reading all night. A fast paced, smooth flowing story about an older woman and a younger man who embark on a relationship in a town where looks means everything. Filled with plenty of humor, sarcasm, and well developed characters-I didn’t stop laughing till the end.

When Grace first meets Jack she sees an attractive younger man with whom she flirts a little with but thinks nothing of it. As time progresses and Jack begins to pursue Grace she is flattered but still a small voice in the back of her head wonders at why he is pursuing her. He is 24, gorgeous, and has women lining up to be with him. Yet he is only focused on her.

Grace and Jack are both hilarious to read as their dialog reads like a well rehearsed vaudeville act. They are so much alike that you can feel the spark between them from the first minute they meet.

“You can say tits, although I prefer boobies. I also like Ta-Ta’s,” I said with a straight face.
“How about love pillows?” he countered.
“Breasticles?” I offered.
“Uhhh, how about Flap Jacks?” he asked, struggling not to laugh.
“Nice, but it doesn’t hold a candle to sweater meat,” I managed to get out before laughing so loud I sprayed Saltines all over the counter.

Grace’s inner monologue left me in tears as she argues, coerces, and placates her inner self about wanting Jack.

“ The guy looks young enough to be your kid ,Grace.”
“Yes, but only if I’d really slutted it up in junior high.”

“Your going to let him touch your boobies aren’t you?”

The chemistry and romance between Grace and Jack is HOT!! Steamy, panty dropping, O.M.G. hot. Ms Clayton writes some funny and erotic scenes. *insert cold shower*
I really liked we not only see the physical aspects of their relationship but we also get a wonderful ring side seat to the romance blooming between them. I love how Ms. Clayton give voice to Jack’s feeling towards Grace even though this is from her point of view. As Jack and Grace’s relationship progresses into something more serious, Grace has to deal with Jack’s fans and and the paparazzi -all who want to know who she is. She is also worried about her own career and wonders if dating Jack will hamper all that she has worked towards. They are both incredibly realistic in their portrayal. Their concerns and fears are real and at times my heart hurt for them.

The secondary cast of characters are a delight that enhance and showcase Grace and Jack perfectly. Grace’s bff, Holly, who also happens to be Jack’s agent, is a trip with her witty commentary and snappy comebacks.

“So how’s the British invasion going? Has he invaded your hoohah yet?”

She only wants what’s best for Grace and Jack and tries really hard to be what they both need her to be. Nick, Holly and Grace’s gay friend, also adds much humor as he roots for Grace all the while calling her a man stealing hussy for stealing Jack from him. Of course, the fact that Jack is straight doesn’t bother into the equation for Nick.

The ending is heartfelt and sigh worthy as we watch Grace and Jack make some decisions that will ultimately effect their relationship in the future. Luckily for us, we don’t have to wait and see what the effects will be. The 2nd book in The Redhead Series, The Redhead Revealed, has already released.

Alice Clayton is a wonderful addition to the genre of romantic contemporaries. If you like your contemporaries sexy, funny, and made of pure fun then get Alice Clayton’s The Unidentified Redhead and get ready for a wild laughter filled read about Hollywood, cougars, and poo heads.

Rating: B+
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Unidentified Redhead.

Stephanie Loved the review. One of the hottest things about my hubby is that he makes me laugh, ALL THE TIME.

(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick Stephanie**Whats the steam factor** wrote: "Loved the review. One of the hottest things about my hubby is that he makes me laugh, ALL THE TIME."

Thank you! I loved both books in the series. The next one releases next year and I can't wait.

Stephanie I am loving this book so far almost 50% into it.

(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick Stephanie**Whats the steam factor** wrote: "I am loving this book so far almost 50% into it."

She just released Wallbanger which is just as hilarious.