Bookwatcher 's Reviews > The Nourisher

The Nourisher by Mark Alders

Feb 18, 11

bookshelves: sci-fi, cover-is-hot, glbt-gay, malepreg
Read from February 16 to 18, 2011

Vernon want to know you!

HEYYYYYYYY stop screaming!!! Come on... it's only a spider! A huge 13.12 foot spider but come on... give the guy a change!

Now seriously, why it's such an amazing sci-fi book?

First of all I loved the speed of story teller. Only Drake, a human lawyer, will be the narrator, so that's will give you a terrific perspective. The book start with his kidnapping and his fate, became a Priaxian symbiotic partner (luck bastard!!!!).

Prixians are huge hairy scary alien spiders... and you will loooooooooooooooooooooove it!

So Drake (yeah, the luck bastard I mentioned before) got Vernon... yeah... you are asking yourself why I'm calling Drake a luck bastard? Because I envy him with all my force!!! I WANT VERNON!!!

I already pick a tattoo to do and to prove my love for him

Another great aspect of this book is all the battle in the space! oooooooohhhhhhh starship fights..... oooooohhhhhhhhh Vernon all alpha hero flying his starship, the Flying Leaf.... ooooooooohhhhhh the bad race, Aurorans, trying to get them!
At some point, can't tell when or how (of if it's Vernon the pilot), there will be this incredible maneuver that made me think about the Capitan Solo riding the Millenium Falcon under another starship

I LOVE IT!

And last, but not last important, motive to my 5 stars is the very positive message in this book.
Drake's words:
I had experience more love with Vernon these last few days than what I did in five years with Jankin

So, how can a human say it? Vernon is a ugly huge hairy spider! He know love with this HUGE spider not with his husband?

Well... read it... and learn that sometimes the physical attractiveness is not what we should give attention... better than a perfect body is perfect soul.

Drake couldn't find a better partner, and I can't wait to read the sequel of this fucking heeeeeeeeeeeeel great story!

Footnote:
I still have this little itty bitty hate of Jankin... can't tell more... or will spoil the story, but I have it... a very little but is still there...
I'll let the turtle have a little talk with Jankin!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Nourisher.

02/16/2011
0.0% "Yeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyy! Everything will wait! Just got this book and MUST start it right NOW! " 13 comments
02/16/2011
35.0% "Vernon is sooooooo romantic! I love him! Someone know where can I find a huge alien spider like him? "
02/17/2011
50.0% "I really really really reallyHATE Jenkin!!!! "
02/17/2011
75.0% "Before, I was hating Jankin , now I'm sorry for his... Can't tell... But, oh... Poor guy... "

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Bookwatcher THanks M! I'm having fun and i looooooooove Vernon already! He is so cute!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Bookwatcher wrote: "THanks M! I'm having fun and i looooooooove Vernon already! He is so cute!"

Cute in as far as an alien spider can be! LOL

Bookwatcher :-p
Yeah but he is cute! Always wanting the better to Drake, treating him right and all
Vernon is such a cute huge hairly spider!
:-p
(and OMG he is soooo brave! He is perfect as the pilot of the starship)

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Bookwatcher wrote: ":-p
Vernon is such a cute huge hairly spider!
:-p
(and OMG he is soooo brave! He is perfect as the pilot of the s..."

Too right, mate :-) He is perfect, for Drake and as a representative of his species :-)

Bookwatcher Possible effect, of Vernon and Drake in Earth (I hope they will arrived!)

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Bookwatcher wrote: "Possible effect, of Vernon and Drake in Earth (I hope they will arrived!)

"

Bookwatcher Mark wrote: "LOL! That is priceless! Thank you for the laugh, Camile. Made my day! Those poor goats. Thankfully Priaxian's are vegetarian! LOL "

yeah, I know they are vegetarians (already read the part Vernon told it to Drake).
We know they are vegetarians.
The goats no... so well, they will stay there for a while... waiting Vernon be veeeeeeeeeeeeery far from them

:-P

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you. Thank you! THANK YOU! You know I love you, mate, and your words are so welcome. *hugs*

Mark

Bookwatcher Mark wrote: "Hey, Camila, that is just so awesome! I just woke up and saw this. Wonderful. I am thrilled to bits you are just as excited about Vernon as I am. Oh, and he tells me he must get that eye-liner! LOL..."

HEY tell Vernon to pass here and I can let him take my eye-liner

Ohhhhhhh I will do Vernon Coo!

I WANT TO MAKE VERNON COO!
:-P
hahahahahaha

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Bookwatcher wrote: "Mark wrote: "Hey, Camila, that is just so awesome! I just woke up and saw this. Wonderful. I am thrilled to bits you are just as excited about Vernon as I am. Oh, and he tells me he must get that e..."

Oh, I know, isn't that adorable when he coo's? He just came to life for me and I am so glad you have enjoyed his journey! There is heaps more to go...I am writing the last part now and you will be amazed by the turn of events. Space battles, super weapons, aliens, aliens, aliens, and lots of love :-) Can't ask for more than that, can you?

*hugs*

Mark

Bookwatcher Mark wrote: "Oh, I know, isn't that adorable when he coo's? He just came to life for me and I am so glad you have enjoyed his journey! There is heaps more to go...I am writing the last part now and you will be amazed by the turn of events. Space b..."

YEY
Aliens!!

There will be a lot of good fights them!
YEY!
Have a nice day
:-)

MsMiz (Tina) The spider picture just flashed on my screen and my darling son just screamed like a little girl and hid under the covers. He tells me he has Arachnophobia now. Leave it to my 10 year old to say something like that!

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

MsMiz (aka Tina) wrote: "The spider picture just flashed on my screen and my darling son just screamed like a little girl and hid under the covers. He tells me he has Arachnophobia now. Leave it to my 10 year old to say ..."

So seeing Vernon would give him convulsions then...Vernon is used to that, but wants everyone to know, he'll look after them no matter what :-)

Bookwatcher Hahahaha
Ohhh sorry Tina but it's funny! Poor kid!

So true Mark, Vernon has a big heart! And in this story HE is the hero!

message 15: by Lexi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lexi Ander This is embarrassing but for the longest time while reading the book I couldn't understand how Drake was standing under Vernon. In my American mind, 4 meters equals about six feet. So I have this impression of Drake hunched under Vernon. *blushing* It finally bugged me enough that I asked someone smarter than me how long 4 meters was. I got the "aha" and then felt like a dupe!

*hugs*
Lexi

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Lexi wrote: "This is embarrassing but for the longest time while reading the book I couldn't understand how Drake was standing under Vernon. In my American mind, 4 meters equals about six feet. So I have this..."

ha ha, Lexi! It's all good, mate. You could have just asked me :-) Yeah, that makes more sense now, doesn't it? LOL Love you, Lexi! You're the best!

Bookwatcher [image error]

I'm sorry about your confusion Lexi
I didn't had this problem because always live in countries with meter as unit to measurement (Brazil and Italy)
:-)

message 18: by Lexi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lexi Ander Cheeky aren't you! :-) I honestly have no defense other than I just never had a reason to learn alternate systems of measurement. Mark's right, I should have asked him but obviously I was comfortable in my ignorance until it irked me. Lesson learned!

*hugs & kisses*
Lexi

message 19: by Karen (new) - rated it 1 star

Karen So you're not going to say how tall 4 meters is? You're seriously going to make me look it up?

message 20: by Lexi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lexi Ander Camilla says 13.2 feet tall, my husband said 13

message 21: by Lexi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lexi Ander Imagine that. He would take up the deep end of a swimming pool.

message 22: by Lexi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lexi Ander Monster truck rallies could be intersting.

message 23: by Lexi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lexi Ander Not, of course, that I would subject Vernon to such danger.

message 24: by Karen (new) - rated it 1 star

Karen Almost as tall as a house!! wow

message 25: by Karen (new) - rated it 1 star

Karen lol, Lexi!

message 26: by Lexi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lexi Ander It give yu a healthy respect for the nasties in the book. To try and catch and hold prisoner Vernon takes balls. I personnally would crap my pants.

I swear I haven't been drinking. I'm just punchy today.

How big are the wasp people? I din't think that they were that much bigger than Drake but how would I know. I originally thought Vernon was the size of a 4x4.

Bookwatcher @Lexi: I used one of those online converters to know it (and put in the review also). I saw the result of 13.12 but maybe your husband is more precise, and it's 13 not 13.12 foot
I really don't have idea. My "normal" measurement unit is meter :-)
And Lexi I totally agree, must have balls to try to take Vernon prisoner. BTW Vernon attacking must be something like a horror movie! Ooohhhhhhhhhhh he piss off defending Drake and Jankin! WOW!!!!

@KB: I put in my review it, already thinking of my American friends :-)

message 28: by Karen (new) - rated it 1 star

Karen Ah! So you did. Guess it fell out of my short-term memory in the 24-hours between your review and Lexi's comment. :)

(btw, that graphic of the goats in the tree is about the funniest thing I've seen in years.)

:) Karen

Bookwatcher kb wrote: "Ah! So you did. Guess it fell out of my short-term memory in the 24-hours between your review and Lexi's comment. :)"

hahahahaha... you are hilarious Karen!

message 30: by Lola (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lola That's some weird...spider sex....whoa...