Aditya Mandalemula's Reviews > 1984

1984 by George Orwell

May 04, 12

Ever since I read Orwell's 1984, the one thing I have in mind is, most people are missing the point. Concentrating on one target and ignoring the other big threat - Concept of God, Religion. Religion has the full capacity to bring about Orwell's nightmare into reality. Probably it already has. All double talk. Discouragement of free thinking. Encouragement of blind belief. And religion promoters everywhere in the world constantly brainwashing us about how big losers we are going to be if we stop believing in God. Threatening. Ridiculing. In rare circumstances - Condemning, Outcasting. And in the case of revolutionaries - First trying to make them feel guilty, and then eventual murder. The problem can be solved if the 85% of the people (general citizens) start looking for the real truth and revolt against the biggest delusion of the human race (even bigger than Geocentrism), but as Orwell rightfully predicted, general people just won't care to revolt, in fact, they would be terrified to. And if somebody revolts, he'll be forced to believe just how wrong he is and feel enormously guilty about his revolt and then some more. Well, Orwell's 1984 is a true work of Genius.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 1984.