Eric Althoff's Reviews > Assholes Finish First

Assholes Finish First by Tucker Max

Apr 11, 11

Read from January 24 to April 09, 2011

Tucker Max, the patron saint of "fratire," is back with more naughty tales of debauchery from his own life, many of them from his "post-fame" era. If you've ever read any of his past stories, then you should know what you're in for: drunken hookups, groupies and otherwise-inappropriate behavior. As redonculous as it might be to say, this book isn't as entertaining as Max's previous effort, "I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell" (skip the film of the same name, trust me). Maybe that's because Tucker is getting a little older and, by his own admission, he'd like to eventually settle down to family life. But that doesn't stop more outrageousness from ensuing in the interim, with the "centerpiece" story of the book being Tucker's trip in an RV with his fans from the Midwest to New York, in which he and his friends basically trash the city and wind up in the slammer.

Like I said, if you know the guy's reputation, you won't be shocked by "Assholes Finish First." Is it Pulitzer-level writing, no. Entertaining reading for a long plane flight, absolutely.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Assholes Finish First.