Filipa's Reviews > Judgment in Death

Judgment in Death by J.D. Robb

Jan 24, 2011

bookshelves: english-books, own, j-d-robb, romantic-suspense, 2011-reads
Read from March 02 to 04, 2011

Very good. An awesome book. That's the first I have to say about Judgment in Death, eleventh book in In Death series.
The case, Eve and Roarke's relationship, seeing Peabody and McNabb. The characters are no long news to us. This books implies a certain familiarity with the characters, their jobs and their personalities. We know what to expect from them. At least in certain areas of their life's.
That is something I really love in this series.

The idea of being able to once again see my favourite NYPSD team is not a sacrifice. I love seeing them work together.
Seeing Delia and Ian and their fights. ( I really love their first names too).
Their good moments, their not so good moments. I love all of that.
It's just great to see all of them.

Eve and Roarke - they're amazing. The way they work around each other. Seeing them adapt to each other. The way they're trying to adapt to the fact that they're husband and wife. Their life is never boring. Just the opposite. They are fun.
In this book Eve ans Roarke had an ugly disagreement. All the steps they've taken - individually or together - to figure how to solve that was just brilliant and delicious.
In Don Webster's words - "they really fit".

This case was important too. Corrupt cops and the deaths of colleagues is hard to imagine. And very complicated to manage.
Eve had to work very hard to find a cop's killer. That's really hard. Just thinking it could be her - I can't even imagine that in real life.
And the way we Eve battling to keep the case impersonal so that she can't loose her perspective was interesting because I admire her strength, her determination, her personality. I admire Eve as a person, as a cop and as a woman.
The case was really personal - an associate of Roarke's from his past - that complicated things up.
The past sometimes as a nasty way to make appearances in present life.
The killer - I liked him and I respect his motive. I was surprised that he was the bad guy. I would really like to know what happened to him after.
I really liked all that symbolism of the coins. The crimes were all excellently structured and planned.
And great ending, by the way.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Judgment in Death.

03/03/2011 page 48