Ummi's Reviews > Call Me Irresistible

Call Me Irresistible by Susan Elizabeth Phillips

Jan 25, 11

bookshelves: chic-lit, romance, 2011
Read from January 24 to 26, 2011

Susan Elizabeth Phillips is back and she's back with a bang.

I was disappointed before with What I Did For Love. It isn't her best of work, in my honest opinion. At first, I was a bit hesitant to pick Call Me Irresistible up but I'm glad I did. It's chick lit to the core, I'd have to say. And you know how much I love a darn good chick lit.

Meg Koranda is not the typical heroine (which I really like). She's stubborn, sarcastic, witty, proud, reckless, temperamental, gutsy and absolutely out of her mind. I mean, try to talk your best friend out of her marriage on her wedding day. Crazy, no? And then Meg falls in love with her best friend's jilted groom. And he's the mayor of Wynette, the town where your business is everybody's business, especially when it comes to Ted Beaudine.

Instead of being loved and adored by the whole town, Meg gathers enemies faster than you can say "Hollywood". She, after all, has had a hand in breaking up the town's prodigal son marriage on his wedding day. Mess with Ted Beaudine, you mess with the whole people of Wynette, Texas.

Meg thinks Ted is too perfect... and creepy. But is he really? Perfect, I mean. Well, kinda. But perfect, my friends, is boring. And Ted Beaudine is not boring, mark my word.

What's more interesting is that the story mostly is written from Meg's point of view. Not much insight into Ted's heart and mind at the beginning. But towards the end, well... it's a different story.

Overall a mighty pleasant read. Love it!
3 likes • Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Call Me Irresistible.

01/24/2011 page 104