Jessie (Ageless Pages Reviews)'s Reviews > Rachel's Holiday

Rachel's Holiday by Marian Keyes

Marian Keyes is one of my favorite authors, nonfantasy speaking. She took one of my favorite peripheral characters from two other novels and made a funny, affecting and touching book about drugs, coping, love and life.
Rachel is a mess. Worse, she's a very complicated mess. She's also one of my favorite protagonists in chick lit. All the Walsh girls are individual, unique and hilarious, which is a reason why this series is such a delight. Rachel's humor and pure stubbornness shine through all her trials and tribulations... yes, even with Feathery Strokers. Worth multiple reads.
More of my reviews here: http://bibliophileanonymous.blogspot....

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rachel's Holiday.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aleeeeeza (new) - added it

Aleeeeeza the whole feathery strokers thingamajig is howlarious! :D i havent read about it in this book--it's in my tbr pile--but it was also there in anybody out there?

message 2: by Aleeeeeza (new) - added it

message 3: by Jessie (Ageless Pages Reviews) (last edited Mar 25, 2012 03:24PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jessie  (Ageless Pages Reviews) Aleeza wrote: "the whole feathery strokers thingamajig is howlarious! :D i havent read about it in this book--it's in my tbr pile--but it was also there in anybody out there?"

YES! Feathery strokers appear in several MK novels about the Walsh girls - they're a staple! Anybody Out There is my favorite but this is a close second.

message 4: by Aleeeeeza (new) - added it

Aleeeeeza Jessie (Ageless Pages Reviews) wrote: "Aleeza wrote: "the whole feathery strokers thingamajig is howlarious! :D i havent read about it in this book--it's in my tbr pile--but it was also there in anybody out there?"

YES! Feathery stroke..."

anybody out there wrecked me, i remember. so...horribly sad. the first one i read was Angels, and i loved it so effing much (or: i loved paul so much) that i went out and got every single book of hers. only read three yet, but the third, sushi for beginners, was beyond terrible :/

Jessie  (Ageless Pages Reviews) Aleeza wrote: "Jessie (Ageless Pages Reviews) wrote: "Aleeza wrote: "the whole feathery strokers thingamajig is howlarious! :D i havent read about it in this book--it's in my tbr pile--but it was also there in an..."

That and Lucy Sullivan is Getting Married seemed by far the weakest. I try to stick to the Walsh girls novels as they are always funny and touching. I hope she writes one about the youngest (Helen, right?) soon!

message 6: by Aleeeeeza (new) - added it

Aleeeeeza Jessie (Ageless Pages Reviews) wrote: "Aleeza wrote: "Jessie (Ageless Pages Reviews) wrote: "Aleeza wrote: "the whole feathery strokers thingamajig is howlarious! :D i havent read about it in this book--it's in my tbr pile--but it was a..."

one is actually about to be released--i read in her newsletter. should be fun :D

Jessie  (Ageless Pages Reviews) Aleeza wrote: "Jessie (Ageless Pages Reviews) wrote: "Aleeza wrote: "Jessie (Ageless Pages Reviews) wrote: "Aleeza wrote: "the whole feathery strokers thingamajig is howlarious! :D i havent read about it in this ..."

! I am on high alert now. She had another book out a few years ago ( The Brightest Star in the Sky ) but I never got around to buying/reading it... but a Walsh girls novel is impossible to resist.