Virginia's Reviews > Just Wicked Enough

Just Wicked Enough by Lorraine Heath

Jan 23, 11

bookshelves: historical-romance, read-2011
Read on January 23, 2011, read count: 2

Once again, I accidentally borrowed a book that I had already read. But in my defense, I was just going through Heath's bibliography and didn't pay attention to the blurb. The added bonus was that when I read the previous book in the series, A Duke of Her Own, I really wanted to know more about Marquess Falconridge and Miss Kate Rose. How fortunate for me that they were the leads in this novel and that I loved it the first time - and loved it the second time as well!

This novel encompasses the best of this genre: strong, believable leads; realistic character growth; realistic love blossoming; and a fun plot. Sure, some plot devices are silly and cliche (eg: forced marriage, return of a first love), but Heath handles them well and makes for very moving scenes. I admit, I cried a few times.

I am so pleased that I found this book again. I usually don't remember plots of romances due to the sheer volume I read, but I remembered this one immediately upon reading the first paragraph. That's good writing!

Highly recommend!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just Wicked Enough.

Comments (showing 1-5)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 5: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah Is this stand alone, or do you need to read in order? I'm in a romance mood ... I stalled reading a couple of good books in order to read a romance this weekend

Virginia It's standalone. :) It's great. I hope you like it!! heehee.

message 3: by Virginia (last edited Jan 23, 2011 11:16PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Virginia Oh, and if you're really in the mood for romances, I highly recommend Julia Quinn. (Start with her Bridgerton series - there are 8. My favorite is #4 about Colin Bridgerton. I'm tempted to name my next son Colin just for him.) The first four are the best (although When He Was Wicked is delicious as well. hee!).

message 2: by Sarah (last edited Jan 23, 2011 11:47PM) (new) - added it

Sarah re: Julia Quinn books

Not at my library, of course! *shakes fist* And that local used bookstore has a far better fantasy section than romance section, I'm afraid! Do you have a copy?

Virginia I do!! I'll have to get it back from a friend though. Let me get back to you? In the mean time, I have a bunch more of her books, too. When should we meet? heehee.