Donovan Adams's Reviews > Early Onset of Night, Volume One

Early Onset of Night, Volume One by Michael Kindt

4751987
Apr 18, 11

Read in April, 2011

Early Onset of Night, Volume One was an interesting collection of short stories written by Michael Kindt. Reviewing this will be somewhat difficult as this book is unlike what I usually read. Some of the stories were interesting, but the overwhelming majority of them seemed to be gratuitous sex and drugs, such as “Cold Dead Hands”. There was no real flow to them and most of the stories left me completely confused as there wasn’t a fully developed plot line to them, like “High Carb Diet.” I didn’t understand what the purpose of each story was, although you could tell that some of them had small life lessons to teach, which I liked. My favorite story was “Four Twenty,” although I feel like that’s what the author expected. This one had the most solid plot line and successfully influenced my emotions. I think some of the stories, even though they truly kept to the classification of “short story,” could have used some more development in order to make more sense, otherwise I became disinterested in what I was reading. While this book did not necessarily appeal to me because of the content, I do think this book would be a great read for those who are interested in a dark, open-ended sense of humor and that play with sexual and drug-related material.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Early Onset of Night, Volume One.