Loudice's Reviews > Match Me If You Can

Match Me If You Can by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Match Me If You Can.

Quotes Loudice Liked

Susan Elizabeth Phillips
“If I could put my brain in her body, the world would be mine for the taking.”

Susan Elizabeth Phillips
“They've drunk everything in the house, including a pitcher of African violet plant food I'd just mixed up and was stupid enough to leave on the counter."

Tremaine punched Eddie in the shoulder. "I told you it tasted weird."

Eddie shrugged. "Tasted okay to me.”

Susan Elizabeth Phillips
“When did my house turn into a hangout for every grossly overpaid, terminally pampered professional football player in northern Illinois?"

"We like it here," Jason said. "It reminds us of home."

"Plus, no women around." Leandro Collins, the Bears' first-string tight end emerged from the office munching on a bag of chips. "There's times when you need a rest from the ladies."

Annabelle shot out her arm and smacked him in the side of the head. "Don't forget who you're talking to."

Leandro had a short fuse, and he'd been known to take out a ref here and there when he didn't like a call, but the tight end merely rubbed the side of his head and grimaced. "Just like my mama."

"Mine, too," Tremaine said with happy nod.

Annabelle spun on Heath. "Their mother! I'm thirty-one years old, and I remind them of their mothers."

"You act like my mother," Sean pointed out, unwisely as it transpired, because he got a swat in the head next.”

Susan Elizabeth Phillips
“sometimes knowing when to give up is the real test of character...

-annabelle granger”

Susan Elizabeth Phillips
“She gestured toward his very fine chest with her pencil. “On the off chance I find out after we’re married that your declaration of abiding love and devotion has been an elaborate con job perpetrated by you, Bodie, and Scary Spice…”
He massaged her arch. “I definitely wouldn’t lose too much sleep over that.”
“Just in case. You will give me all you worldly goods, shave your head, and leave the country.”
“Deal.”
“Plus, you have to hand out your Sox tickets so I can burn them in front of your eyes.”

Susan Elizabeth Phillips
“Annabelle gnawed her bottom lip. “I know I have to tell him the truth. I just need to find the right moment.”
Krystal cocked her hip. “Girl, there is no right moment to die.”
Charmaine clucked her tongue. “You are going straight o the top of my prayer list.”
Only Phoebe looked pleased, and her amber eyes glowed like a cat’s. “I love this. Not the fact that you’ll end up in a shallow grave – I’m really sorry about that, and I’ll make sure he’s prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. But I love knowing that a mere slip of a female put one over on the great Python.”
Molly glared at her sister. “This is the exact reason why Christine Jeffrey’s won’t let her daughters have a sleepover with the twins. You frighten people.”

Susan Elizabeth Phillips
“You're not my matchmaker any longer. But we're still friends, and in the interest of our friendship we need to discuss page thirteen."
"Page thirteen ?"
"You've accused me of being arrogant. I've always thought of myself as confident, but I'm here to tell you, no more. After studying these pictures... Honey, if this is what you're looking for in a man, I don't think any of us are going to measure up."
"I have no idea what you're talking about."
"Who knew flexible silicone came in so many colors?"
Her sex toy catalog. He'd taken it months ago. She'd hoped he forgotten it by now.
" Most of these products are hypoallergenic. That's good, I guess. Some with batteries, some without. I suppose that's a matter of preference. There's a harness on this one. That's pretty kinky. And...Son of a bitch ! It says this one is dishwater safe. I'm sorry but there's just something unappetizing about that.”

Susan Elizabeth Phillips
“You're not having sex with him. I know these guys, and you don't. I'm trusting you with Claudia Reeshman. You need to trust me about Dean Robillard."

She wouldn't let him off that easily. "You're looking for a wife. Maybe I'm just looking for a little fun."

"If you need fun," he shot back, 'I'll give you fun."

She was stunned.”

“We’re only human.”
“One of us, anyway. The other’s a reptile.”
“Harsh, Annabelle. Very harsh.”

Susan Elizabeth Phillips
“Something brushed his leg, and he gazed down into the face of Pippi Tucker. The theme from Jaws raced through his head.”