Corinne's Reviews > And Then There Were None

And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie

Jan 23, 16

bookshelves: 2011, british, mystery, murder, suspense, classics
Read in January, 2011

Have you seen the movie Clue? The one with Tim Curry and Madeline Kahn? It's a classic whodunit with hysterical acting, multiple murders and many exceptionally quotable lines.

This book really made me think of that movie.

A group of strangers are brought to a secluded island mansion and, as they are murdered one by one by an unknown killer, those left behind are determined to save themselves while determining who among them is a homicidal maniac.

As much as I am not really a mystery lover, I really liked this. Very accessible plot with just the right tension, full of unanswerable questions. I liked that the narrative switched between third person and first person of all the different characters so we were always guessing who the murderer was. I didn't see the ending coming at ALL - which is imperative for me in a mystery. The only reason I can't give it five stars is that we are given so many characters to remember right at the beginning that I felt like I had to work really hard to remember who was who for half the book.

Otherwise, a great twist on your typical murder mystery. No wonder it's a classic!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read And Then There Were None.