Wendy Darling's Reviews > Shattered Souls

Shattered Souls by Mary Lindsey

Dec 21, 11

bookshelves: young-adult, pn-ghosts, 2011-publication, on-hold

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shattered Souls.

12/23/2011 page 101
30.0% "Concept is very cool...not sure about the characters yet." 3 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I've been especially curious about this one, Darling. Can't wait to see what you think :).

Wendy Darling I have a couple of friends who really liked it, so I'm excited too! :) Always on the lookout for a good ghost story.

Tabitha (Pabkins) I need to order this one - must have must have. *also stalking*

Wendy Darling Hah hah, stalkers galore! I love you guys right back. And I think this will be a pretty fast read.

Julianna Helms Oooh, I hope you like it! :D @Cillian and Tabitha, is it too late for me to join the stalkerade?

Wendy Darling Thanks Juli! :) I like the writing style a lot so far.

message 7: by Sam (new)

Sam I want this book! I'm bubbling with jealousy right now, Wendy! :P I can't wait to hear your thoughts. I hope it's as good as I think it will be. :D

Wendy Darling So far, so good, Sam! :)

Wendy Darling Oh good, 4 stars Cillian! That's awesome. I read absolutely nothing last night, but I'm hoping to pick this up again tonight. :)

Julianna Helms Cillian wrote: "I will write a review, after the holidays craziness, almost had no downtime at all!
But is really good, and pretty unique."

Ahhh, I gave it a 4 stars, too! YAY! *high fives*

Wendy Darling A standalone, huh? That's refreshing! Or at least it's nice to have things completely wrapped up, unlike most YA that's published these days...

Wendy Darling Only when they're good, though! And I guess this one was. :)

I just feel like so many books that are series really should have been consolidated more. Even though I liked Legend, for example, it felt like 1/2 or 1/3 of a book.

Julianna Helms Wendy Darling wrote: "Only when they're good, though! And I guess this one was. :)

Yeah, what is up with all the trilogies nowadays? I mean, I get it for The Hunger Games, but... some...

Wendy Darling Well, I guess you sell more books, you make more profits. Hunger Games was a trilogy that made sense, I agree. And Unearthly, and I'm sure some other ones I can't think of at the moment. Most paranormals or dystopians really don't need to be three books, though.

Wendy Darling Hah hah, what? You don't agree, Cillian? Tell me you wouldn't rather have one fantastic 5 star book than 3 middling 3 star ones!

Wendy Darling I guess three 5 star books (or even 4 star books) would be ideal. But that so rarely happens...

Beatriz  Lins I'm curious about what you think of Shattered Souls, Wendy =) I didn't like it very much, but well, I hope you do!

Wendy Darling Agreed, Cillian.

Hm, I will be interested in comparing notes when I'm done, Beatriz!

message 19: by Nikita (new)

Nikita Ompang I'll be waiting for your review. I'm thinking on reading this next now that I'm done with The Shadow Reader.

Wendy Darling I keep getting distracted by other books, hah. :) So many books, so little time...

Julianna Helms Wendy Darling wrote: "I keep getting distracted by other books, hah. :) So many books, so little time..."

Ding ding ding! Truth!

message 22: by Sanette (new)

Sanette The description of this book did not really excite me so I am looking forward to your review.

Wendy Darling To be honest, I'll probably put this back on my TBR shelf for awhile. I think I've read too many books like this recently...though I'll most likely pick it up again at some point.

Wendy Darling It's probably just my mood, Cill. :)