Snail in Danger (Sid) Nicolaides's Reviews > My Life with Charlie Brown

My Life with Charlie Brown by Charles M. Schulz

Jan 24, 11

bookshelves: comics, memoir, sports, art, religion, writing
Read from January 22 to 24, 2011

This was a good one. I put it on so many shelves because Schulz devotes a fair amount of time to religion and sports. However, he also spends a decent amount of time on the creative process. For the most part this was enjoyable and thoughtful. It does, however, reflect his generational and personal biases. (The comments about much of the strip being about the suffering of young boys and that he didn't know as much about the suffering of young girls made me raise my eyebrows a little, because he had at least two daughters. And the part about Peppermint Patty's father tolerating her tomboyishness made me want to throw the book. I know, it's just a comic strip, I should really just relax.)

Because this is a collection of essays that were not originally intended to be printed together, there is some repetition. But in general, almost anyone should be able to appreciate this book, especially if they are or ever were a fan (casual or not) of Schulz's comic strip.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Life with Charlie Brown.