Jenn's Reviews > My Lord Scandal

My Lord Scandal by Emma Wildes

Jan 31, 11

Read in January, 2011

** spoiler alert ** The first chapter was a preview somewhere else, and based on that I knew I wanted to read this book. Then I read some of the reviews on here, but I had already bought it, so I just put off reading it.

There were some great twists and turns, it didn't bother me too much that there really wasn't any way for us to solve the mystery, the storyline was good. She wasn't a missish obnoxious heroine who got wishy washy, but I felt so many times that was how the book was going to go and she never did, which made me happy. I really like Amelia, she knew what she wanted, she didn't act rashly or overreact to certain scenarios. It made for a good story

There was a bit much on the internal monologue side. No, not internal monologue, background filler. We got it. I don't know how many times we got it. Frankly, once the author said that Alex hadn't told Amelia that his grandfather had killed her grandfather, I didn't believe it because I had actually read the specifics of the story so many times I didn't believe her. Besides the fact it was thoroughly irrelevant that she didn't know that part, seriously, it didn't cause contention anywhere with her, it wasn't a plot point except for the oh crap I should tell her first, and then we don't see him tell her and it's all just glazed over. I think it should have just been left out all together.

At one point, after the secret comes out about the great-aunt, I thought the dead grandfather had also lived, but he didn't and the revelation of what did happen was incredibly disappointing. I really didn't like that twist so close to the HEA, I thought it took something away from it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Lord Scandal.