Jean's Reviews > The Hunger Games Trilogy Boxset

The Hunger Games Trilogy Boxset by Suzanne Collins

Jan 23, 11

bookshelves: fantasy
Read in January, 2011

I read the three volumes of the "Hunger Games" books on my Nook, flipping the forward button as fast as I could go through all three. The story is about a 16 year old girl Katniss (don't like the name) in a fantasy world called Panem (Latin for "bread") and who is "chosen" to fight in a to-the-death battle with other children in other districts. The best of the three books was the first one. The story of how she competes in and survives the Hunger Games is great (I don't think I'm giving away anything to say she survives, since there are 3 books, after all). The second and third books continue the story with additional conflicts and battles, some surprises but mostly just a good story. I love stories about surviving against all odds and making moral choices. This is definitely a book for teenagers and adults; there's no sex but lots of adult conflicts. I'm also glad I waited to read all three together. Much better that way.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hunger Games Trilogy Boxset.