Joy's Reviews > Passion Unleashed

Passion Unleashed by Larissa Ione

2711937
Jan 25, 11

bookshelves: paranormal-romance, shapeshifters, favorites, fantasy-magic, vampires-and-werewolves
Read from January 23 to 25, 2011

Magnificent!

I just felt the need to start out with a superlative adjective and I couldn't think of another word, might sound lame to others who loved this book, and I agree there are a lot of other adjectives to describe this, but I'm sticking with that. I'd like to compare this with a favorite dessert; it's one of those stories with a good aftertaste, something to be savored and enjoyed, and read again and again. Even after reading it, I know I'll still think about it, or tell my friends about it.

What amazed me is that I didn't care one bit about Wraith in the first two books in this series, and this is a total character overhaul. I wasn't annoyed by him even when the author always put him in a bad light. In fact, I was amused by him because from the way his actions are described, he sounded like a kid trying to get attention, because he's been tortured and he can't grasp the concept of "family".

When characters are negative from the onset, I know there's a reason for all that. I liked how the author recreated his character, and his voice was really prominent throughout the story, especially his thoughts on Serena. If not "recreated", then Ms Ione showed us Wraith's other side, and the person he's capable of being. After the s'genesis, he doesn't give a damn anymore, maybe waiting for death. He's one of those torture heroes but I liked how his history was written, it was a comprehensive narration from his birth to the present, and yes it was very tragic, but I'm glad the author didn't spend much time in that angle.

Wraith was eventually able to win against his mom, and after reading the first few pages, I knew I'd give this a five stars, and put it on my favorites. Moving on, I loved Wraith's character, and how Serena complimented him. She is the perfect counterpart, I always love a kickass female.

I loved everything about this book by the way - from the way the conflicts were perfectly arranged and how it was resolved (Serena's virginity/charm in exchange for Wraith's life). While Serena gave her virginity/charm to Wraith of her own free will, their situations were reversed. Based on the previous books, Wraith is the least likely character to offer his life but because of this wonderful development, he's the sweetest and most caring brother I've read about. Everything speaks of his love for Serena and I'm amazed by their love story.

On another note, I won't elaborate how Gem and Kynan's story made me jump. Finally! They deserve each other, a little competition, jealousy and death did the trick.

This is the best book in the series so far, the sex was fantastic and erotic. The events were astounding, like watching an apocalyptic Hollywood movie, and what drew me in was the setting, I loved the Egyptian adventures and all stuff paranormal. Highly recommended!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Passion Unleashed.