Faye's Reviews > Tattoo

Tattoo by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Apr 17, 11

bookshelves: fairy-or-fey-characters, read-in-2010
Read from April 16 to 17, 2011

I started reading this book today and was able to finish it too (since I'm making up for the time that I've been too busy on school and my desktop crashing plus the fact that my to-read books are piled mountain-high, but of course there is an exaggeration to that, just 270 books and counting.)

So, I think I stumbled on this book on my first weeks of the second semester (in my school) and thought that this might be a cool story with somehow the likes of Melissa Marr's Wicked Lovely and somehow I was right on my theory since both Adea and Valgius needed Bailey's help and her friends like Kenan's case when he needed Aislinn's help to have his powers fully.

What I liked in the book is that first, there is a bond there with the four main characters; each of them supplementing each others strength and making their soft spots one of their weapons to help each other. I also liked the fact that each of them were different from each other and yet they managed to get past their differences and make a powerful team-up.

This book, I rated 3 out of 5 stars since it has parts of originality that I haveen't read on my fairy or rather sidhe-involved books what with tha tattoo-giving powers. I also find it somehow okay, quite fun but it didn't really made me so eager and sitting on the edge of my chair in anticipation of what might happen. I find some parts of it predictable but all in all, I managed to like the story since Bailey did realized her fantasy-induced-Kane and was able to see the real situation and thankfully didn't go all-gooey he-is-amazing at the end of their dance.

I also find the climax not really as good as my favorite books and like I said, no heart rate beating faster and loudly moments there. For the record, 3 stars for the girl-power shown in the book. Girls really as Bailey realized don't really need a guy to see the real picture as mostly, she needs herself with some help of her trusted friends along.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tattoo.

04/16/2011 page 3
1.0% "hope it's exciting as it looks like. my first book since my desktop recovered!yay. :)"
show 1 hidden update…

Kwesi 章英狮 I don't think the cover looks good. Nice review!

Faye Yeah, not very appealing. Thanks Kwesi for taking the time to read my review. :)

Kwesi 章英狮 You're welcome.

Faye Thanks again.

I'm doing my own blog, just started, and I noticed you have one, so can you give me a help? How can I add my currently reading book on the side?

Kwesi 章英狮 Do you use Blogspot or Wordpress?

Faye Blogspot.

message 7: by Kwesi 章英狮 (last edited Apr 18, 2011 09:24PM) (new)

Kwesi 章英狮 I see, you have to add another application in the design page and click the 'html application' then titled it with Currently reading. The bar that you can see below were taken from my online source, try to look bar meter or something.

Faye Ok thanks. I'll try it later since I'm going out. Thanks for the help. :)

Kwesi 章英狮 Okok, by the way if you really like the bar below please PM me. I'm currently using my brother's PC so I don't have the privacy to open my blogspot account. Haha.

message 10: by Faye (new) - rated it 3 stars

Faye bar? what bar? sorry I'm confused. haha. But I do like your blog, I can tell that you've been working on it a lot and mine was so dull. Haha.

message 11: by Kwesi 章英狮 (new)

Kwesi 章英狮 I mean the rectangular shape below the books. Haha.

message 12: by Faye (last edited Apr 20, 2011 08:08AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Faye hahaha. I'll check it out tonight.

do you mean the badges??after the waiting list?

message 13: by Kwesi 章英狮 (new)

Kwesi 章英狮 Nope, the one below those book covers.

message 14: by Faye (new) - rated it 3 stars

Faye you're pictures? haha. im confused which one,

hey, where can i find the html application? in edit html?

message 15: by Kwesi 章英狮 (new)

Kwesi 章英狮 Haha, never mind. For your second question, yap!

message 16: by Faye (new) - rated it 3 stars

Faye haha.seriously, which one?

thanks!

message 17: by Kwesi 章英狮 (new)

Kwesi 章英狮 The one with the arrow.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

message 18: by Faye (new) - rated it 3 stars

Faye the name??

message 19: by Kwesi 章英狮 (new)

Kwesi 章英狮 Haha. Nope below the name.

message 20: by Faye (new) - rated it 3 stars

Faye the 0%? haha..

found it!sa gadgets pala then java script.thanks a lot.:)