Stacy's Reviews > Violet & Claire

Violet & Claire by Francesca Lia Block

Dec 02, 13

bookshelves: read-in-2011, read-more-than-once
Read in May, 2011, read count: 2

I have been a fan of Ms. Block’s for years since many moons ago when The Rose and the Beast was recommended to me and I fell in love. I read as much as I could get my hands on and in time have read the vast majority of her books, but it’s been years since I’ve really even looked at any of her classic stuff and thought it would be fun to re-visit an old favorite. I found that I am still very much enchanted by the author’s beautiful use of language and lush descriptions that paint crazy vivid pictures in your head, even though the story line didn’t hold my attention as much this time around. Block always writes with an effortless understanding of what it’s like to be a square peg and an embracing of that different shape and the beauty in it.

Also, just for good measure, one of my favorite quotes: “This was not a faerie tale. This was not the movies. This was life. It hurt more. It was excruciating. It was excruciatingly beautiful.”
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Violet & Claire.

Quotes Stacy Liked

Francesca Lia Block
“This was not a fearie tale. This was not the movies. This was life. It hurt more. It was excruciating. It was excruciatingly beautiful.”
Francesca Lia Block, Violet & Claire