Marisella's Reviews > Blood Challenge

Blood Challenge by Eileen Wilks

This was an okay read up until page 14. That's when EW jumps on the asshole bandwagon. the assholes who defaced her car were "the predictable demographic.... heterosexual white males between the age of 20 and 60" Really? well, of course it's safe to denigrate this particular demographic, they're the only ones who aren't allowed to defend themselves in the media. So, screw this writer, she's lost me.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Challenge.

message 1: by Tressa (new)

Tressa Uh, aren't those the demographics who don't deface cars?

Marisella I know many in this "demographic" are car crazy. I don't think I'm over-reacting, it seemed like a good way to voice my opinion. I left the horror forum, and quite a few others, working 2 jobs leaves barely enough time to read, let alone talk about what I'm reading! I just picked up a thick book of Louis L'amour and Zane Gray short stories! variety is good! how are you?

message 3: by Tressa (new)

Tressa Oh, my comment was about the author's quote you posted in your review. Shit like that will turn me off a book faster than anything. No, you're not overreacting at all!

I noticed you weren't hanging around as much. I miss you around here. I'm good. How's the family?

Marisella Good! a little more scattered; eldest daughter got married in September, next eldest daughter got a job and moved out to Arizona, and my mom moved to Texas. much more quiet... :) I realllly miss my daughters. I got a job in a cardiology office fulltime, but am still working parttime private duty nursing. and am tired! How's your hubby and sweet son?

message 5: by Tressa (new)

Tressa God, you sound like my sister work all those hours as a nurse. She's exhausted a lot of the time but it's like crack for her, lol.

Hubby and son are doing great. Luke learned to read last year and is reading up a storm. He loves reading as much as DH and I do. I think we've got a reader on our hands. :-)

House is on the market, and has been for six months. We don't really count the holidays because no fool wants to move too near Christmas. A couple looked at our house for the third time, so we're keeping our fingers crossed. There's a great house we've got our eye on and I hope it all works out for us.

Good to hear from you!