Michael's Reviews > To Kill a Mockingbird

Jan 22, 2011

Read from January 22 to February 06, 2011

Quotes Michael Liked

Harper Lee
“There are just some kind of men who-who're so busy worrying about the next world they've never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.”

Harper Lee
“Jen and I were accustomed to our father's last-will-and-testament diction, and were at times free to interrupt Atticus for a translation when it was beyond our understanding.”

Harper Lee
“Again, as I had often met it in my own church, I was confronted with the Impurity of Women doctrine that seemed to preoccupy all clergymen.”

Harper Lee
“One must lie under certain circumstances and at all times when one can't do anything about them.”

Harper Lee
“A mob's always made up of people, no matter what. Mr. Cunningham was part of a mob last night, but he was still a man. Every mob in every little Southern town is always made up of people you know--doesn't say much for them, does it?”

Harper Lee
“It's not necessary to tell all you know. It's not ladylike- in the second place, folks don't like to have somebody around knowin' more than they do.”

01/22/2011 page 1
0.0% "Can you believe I've never read this? I know. It's terrible. I'm remedying my past transgressions now."
01/29/2011 page 121
37.0% ""The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience.""
01/29/2011 page 138
43.0% "Again, as I had often met it in my own church, I was confronted with the Impurity of Women doctrine that seemed to preoccupy all clergymen."
01/30/2011 page 202
63.0% ""'are you ambidextrous, Mr. Ewell?' I most positively am not, I can use one hand good as the other. One hand good as the other.""
show 2 hidden updates…