Marquetta (LoveToReadForFun)'s Reviews > Notorious Pleasures

Notorious Pleasures by Elizabeth Hoyt

Jan 26, 11

Read from January 22 to 23, 2011

I enjoyed Notorious Pleasures from start to finish. The manner in which Lady Hero and Lord Reading meet is hilarious. I knew from the moment Lady Hero threw her earbob at Lord Reading's naked bum, this book was going to be a winner!

Lady Hero and Lord Reading are true opposites. She disapproves of his lifestyle and he disapproves of her rigidness. This leads them to giving each other nicknames: Lady Perfect and Lord Shameless. They call each other this throughout the book. I found it cute. As they continue to find themselves in each other's company, the bantering continues with a heated sexual undertone. Lady Hero is a stickler for social norms and behaviors but she finds herself breaking those norms whenever she's around Griffin (Lord Reading). Suddenly, marrying Griffin's dull as dirt brother, Thomas, doesn't seem like such a great idea.

Notorious Pleasures is part of the Maiden Lane series but can be read as a stand alone. The plot is pretty predictable but enjoyable nonetheless. The story is humorous and sexy; beyond sexy it was downright steamy!! I enjoyed Hero and Griffin. They are great characters that kept the story interesting. A definite read if you're a fan of Elizabeth Hoyt and historical romance. I haven't read Wicked Intentions (Book 1 of the series) but will definitely be reading it in the future!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Notorious Pleasures.

01/22/2011 page 2
0.0% "Ha! What a way to start a book1"
01/22/2011 page 20
5.0% "Loving it so far!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Mandi Schreiner I enjoyed this one so much!!!

message 2: by Jessica (new)

Jessica so, you read one of these every day or two? is that it? are they romance novels? are they sci-fi? is this african-american themed or all of the above? do you like books outside of this genre? if so, what are some of your favorites?

Marquetta (LoveToReadForFun) I read as many as I can. I have a book blog where I "review" books. That's why you see me read so much. I mainly read romance (Paranormal, historical, contemporary, erotic), urban fantasy, fiction (some)and some AA themed books. But the main genre I read is romance.

message 4: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Very cool! I teach college English at a Tech college--mainly composition. But I've created a social justice class, and it's morphing into an AA social justice Text and Rhetoric class, centered on the Civil Rights movement in America. My fav lit classes in school were AA lit, and I always like to learn about different niche markets or genres within all literature, though esp AA. I have a lot of work to do to get to the level of my AA lit teacher, but I'm working on it! I think it's so great that you read and review books. Go go girl!