Amanda K's Reviews > Hourglass

Hourglass by Myra McEntire

Jan 15, 15

bookshelves: wishlist, 2011-books, 2011-debut-authors, need-more-info, ya, series
Read on January 15, 2012

Also reviewed on my blog, The Vintage Bookworm. (www.vintagebookworm.blogspot.com)
This book completely--Seriously. COMPLETELY!--blew me away. This is yet another book that I have read this year that I want to immediately go and re-read. How is that possible?! Another 2011 Debut book that was absolutely amazing. I seriously don't even think there was anything that bothered me about this book.

I was hooked from the first page. It doesn't sit there and start out giving you some back story or let you be introduced by the character telling you who she was. Nope. It threw you right in and made you wonder about her ability. I seriously thought one thing about her ability, but then it took a twist and it was something completely different. Though the story was amazing, I was a little worried because I thought it was a certain ability that has shown up a bit. But time travel?! Whoa!

The book starts out as her knowing about her ability--which I am VERY happy about. Most books now days make them figure it out--but she doesn't know much about it, or why she does it. Her brother has tried so many different people who he finds and thinks may know what to tell them about Emerson's ability, but he has failed. But then he finds Michael. And wow. Just wow. *swoon*

All the characters in this book is so full of personality and it truly amazed me. I liked every character. Even the bad guys! Okay, except for Ava. I wanted to slap her so bad. I wish Emerson would have. I would have laughed SO hard at that. By the way, have I mentioned that Emerson knows karate?! She's totally kick-ass!

Overall, read this book. It's amazing. I want to go back right now and re-read it just thinking about it. I don't know what else to say other than I NEED--Yes. NEED.-- the sequel, Timepiece, RIGHT NOW.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hourglass.

01/15 marked as: read