Dinjolina's Reviews > The Care & Feeding of Pirates

The Care & Feeding of Pirates by Jennifer Ashley

Jan 23, 11

bookshelves: adventure, pirates, historical-romance, chick-lit
Read from January 22 to 23, 2011

I liked this.
It was.....ok.
I spent more time wondering about the previous books-that i did not read-than getting in to this plot line as much as I wanted to!
I'm sorry for that,and I will try to go back to this in the future-after I get the first two books.
But all that aside this work of literature was well written-as are many Ashleys books.
She is a capital writer and she has and amazing imagination!
I liked Cris,more then his wife but most of all I loved Manda!
I wish she had a book of her own and was not just crammed in this one. I wanted to see the course that made her who she was and I wanted even more so to see how this love of hers has become so outstanding!
The beginning of the book was faster and more to my taste than the second half and that spoiled my read.
In the 1/3 of the book near the end stuff just happened without much rime or reason and things that were an issue a long time just magically got better-sometimes without the explanation they needed.
All in all this book was neither here nor there.
Good but not superb.
Maybe one day when i get the first and second I will edit this rew if I come to understand the main characters more ..

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Care & Feeding of Pirates.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

chanceofbooks Very eager to see what you think! I loved her Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage and have been thinking of reading her backlist!

Dinjolina Its really good!
The pace of the story in the beginning was better then at the end but I liked it never the less!
But I liked the characters from the previous books in these series and I am sad that I picked this one up first.
So, if you go for reading this start with the first two. :)

I see that you are a Lissa Kleypas fan as well!And Julia Quin.Did you try reading Amanda Quick?She has tons of books but some are really zealous!

message 3: by Elisa (new)

Elisa Paige I couldn't agree more -- and I love Sands. I, too, started the series with this book and had the same reaction. Will go back to the beginning and try again. She's a fun writer.