Jessica's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling

Feb 01, 2008

bookshelves: young-adult-and-kids, re-reads
Read from June 10 to 11, 2017 , read count: 2

I wanted something to read this weekend that I didn't have to think very hard about, so I decided to start re-reading the Harry Potter series, which I don't think I've revisited since book 7 came out. I would guess this was my fifth time reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, since I first started reading the series when there were four books available, and then each time a new one was published I re-read all of the previous titles before reading the new one.

The books in the Harry Potter series are written for a reader the same age as Harry; Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone is about eleven-year-olds and has a reading level to match, so it's lightweight and silly. Harry and his friends get into a lot of awful predicaments, but problems are always solved quickly, either because of their own ingenuity or because an adult is keeping an eye on them. It's a fun, fast read, but there isn't a lot of depth. I think the series really picks up around books 3 or 4, so I'm looking forward to flying through the next couple of books and getting into the more complex storylines yet to come.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.

06/12 marked as: read