Tish's Reviews > The Unsuspecting Mage

The Unsuspecting Mage by Brian S. Pratt

May 06, 12

bookshelves: kindle

I could not finish this book. Believe me I tried. Usually I can force myself through a book. Sometimes I continue reading when everything in me says MOVE ON and I'm rewarded but honestly I couldn't talk myself into finishing it. Maybe there's plot eventually. I have no idea. I read about 60% of this book. All that I read of it was the main character traveling and then fighting battles he shouldn't be able to survive and yet somehow does, then he travels some more, gets into some more craziness he shouldn't get out of alive and then more traveling. None of it seems to have a purpose. It's just walk walk walk and then fight fight fight. It felt like a dungeon crawler video game. No real purpose. Just walking and killing. I have no clue why this has so many good reviews. I'd think maybe it gets better in the end except so many people feel the exact same way I did that I have to say I must be right and it's not worth it.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Unsuspecting Mage.