Adriana's Reviews > Magyk

Apr 28, 2009

liked it
bookshelves: yt-fantasy-series
Read in February, 2008

** spoiler alert ** I didn't give the book four stars because although it was a quick and fun read, it lacked some character development and it was slightly predictable. The purported main character, Septimus Heap, spends almost the entire book being known as Boy 412. I would have liked to care more about him and know him more in this first book, especially since the series focuses on him. I liked the humor and the imagery of the story. I know there have been comparisons to Harry Potter, but this series has its merits and definite unique aspects of fantasy and witchcraft/wizardry. An overall fun read for young readers.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Magyk.

Lisa the Librarian You should have marked that this review contains spoilers!! Your review just ruined a huge part of the plot for me(Septimus Heap's true identity)!! :(

Adriana Lisa wrote: "You should have marked that this review contains spoilers!! Your review just ruined a huge part of the plot for me(Septimus Heap's true identity)!! :("
OMG, I'm so sorry!! I think I didn't know this was an option at the time, but I changed it for any other readers....sorry again!

Lisa the Librarian Thanks, and I hope I didn't sound to annoyed.

Haley Ur right