Shari Larsen's Reviews > Summer at Willow Lake

Summer at Willow Lake by Susan Wiggs

Jan 22, 2011

liked it
Read from January 21 to 24, 2011 — I own a copy , read count: 1

This novel was one I probably would not have picked to read ordinarily, but it was free on Kindle.
It's a quietly told, character based romance set at a camp in the Catskills. Olivia Bellamy is renovating her grandparent's camp for their 50th wedding anniversary celebration. The contractor helping her out is Connor Davis, the same boy who broke her heart at that very same camp when she was 17. Connor believes that Olivia is now out of his league, and Olivia finds she is still suffering from the same little girl insecurities. But as they work together on the project, those feelings they once had for each other once again come to the surface.

This wasn't anything deep or profound, but it was an enjoyable read, and I liked that the minor characters had just as interesting stories as the main characters. The narrative switches back and forth from present day, to their childhoods spent at the camp.

This is the first time I have read something by this author, and while it was a pleasant enough read, I don't think she's an author I'd seek out, unless of course, it was another free Kindle book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Summer at Willow Lake.