Beth Peninger's Reviews > Such a Pretty Face

Such a Pretty Face by Cathy Lamb

Jun 11, 11

bookshelves: favorites
Read in December, 2010

I loved this book. It was filled with a multitude of life issues that weaved their way around each other causing a huge tangled knot. I loved how the main character of the book pursued healing through different means. It gave me some great insight in mental health. This was a book I couldn't put down. While the book starts with a huge tangled knot it ends with an unraveling that made me feel relieved for the main and supporting characters. It's the first book of this author I have read and I put her other books on my "to read" list.
**************************************************************
2nd reading review
I read the book again because my book club picked it so I wanted to refresh my memory. I LOVE THIS BOOK. The second time reading it cemented just how much I love this book. Stevie pursues healing from her life courageously and I am so in awe of her bravery. It is hard work and painful work to heal from deep wounds and to remove toxic people from your life. I don't know how Cathy Lamb did it but she wrote one brilliant novel. This book is so deep and so rich, there is so much in it to dissect and discuss and unpack. I'm looking forward to discussing it with my group!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Such a Pretty Face.

06/10/2011 "I'm doing a quick re-read of this AMAZING book for my book club night coming up! ;)"