Shellbelle 's Reviews > Call Me Irresistible

Call Me Irresistible by Susan Elizabeth Phillips

Feb 28, 11

bookshelves: contemporary, fav-author
Read from January 21 to February 28, 2011

Not her best, but still sucked me in! I didn't want it to end:)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Call Me Irresistible.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Lisa Kay Shellbelle, This was a hard one for me to rate; I waffled between a 3 1/2 and 4 star rating. I agree with you and what you said on the audio group site; it was hard for me to hear old fav characters treat Meg badly.

Shellbelle I think I ended up going with a 4 just because it was SEP, but there was def a lot missing. It seems like she threw the book together, but there was a large gap of time between this book and her last!!! It did get better toward the end, but I don't think I ever truly got behind it like her other books:(

Lisa Kay I waffled back and forth between 3 ½ and 4. Still waffling, in fact. When I first posted it, I gave her 4 as she is the great SEP and maybe it just wasn’t my cuppa. But right now I don't see me re-reading it any time soon. I just love her books though!! They are one of the few I give to friends who don't read romance - and they all love them.

Shellbelle I totally agree, she has major crossover appeal!lol She just makes it about so much more than romance, her characters are seriously flawed...but that is what makes them so interesting to read:) What is your favorite SEP book?

Lisa Kay Heaven, Texas (Chicago Stars, #2) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips is my all-time fav by SEP; it was my first by her and it "rocked my world". I've read it so much that I recently had to buy the other cover Heaven, Texas (Chicago Stars, #2) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips = meh! = before I worn out the spine of the other one, LOL! I would love to listen to it on audio. But there are soooo many that are on my all-time fav shelf.

How about you? What is you fav of her's?

message 6: by Shellbelle (last edited May 16, 2011 12:57PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shellbelle With out a doubt my fav is This Heart of Mine (Chicago Stars, #5) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips!!! I ♥ Molly and Kevin!

The first book I ever read by SEP was Lady Be Good by Susan Elizabeth Phillips and I loved it (which was part of the reason I had such a problem with CMI!) My Aunt kept telling me to read the Chicago Start series, and I accidentally read Heaven, Texas (Chicago Stars, #2) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips first, but it worked out because I adored it! It is my 2nd fav!!!

Also I just went to the SEP group, and it say's I'm not a member, and when I tried to rejoin (I know I was a memeber of that group!!! I have post in there) it just kept loading....weird! I'll have to try agian.

Lisa Kay I'm a member of that group too; maybe I'll see if I have the same problem. **runs to check**

Shellbelle I was able to get in and it say's I'm a member...I don't know what the heck happened! I haven't been on in a couple of weeks...but still! Oh well all fixed! I put 'It Had to Be You' on hold on Audio at Lib! Can't wait:)

Lisa Kay Sometimes I think something like that happens when the monitor is doing something with the bookshelves or the threads. Timing!