Kayla's Reviews > Safe House

Safe House by Meg Cabot

3119530
Okay. So that summary, taken right from the back cover of the book, makes it sound like Jess is trying really hard to get into the ‘in’ crowd. Um, no.

This book picks up on the first day of school. Jess is now a junior, and she’s determined to make a good start. She has a new wardrobe, and wants to have a new attitude [aka loosing her anger management issues], and won’t spend every day in detention. Hopefully.

That all changes as soon as she gets to homeroom.

This book, I have to admit, was a little slow in parts. Not enough that I considered putting it down, but it took over 100 pages to start getting into the plot. I loved reading about Jess and her troubles [I mean, being a psychic is a big responsibility. And a bit of a hassle, when the FBI keeps stalking you...], but knew from the back of the book someone else was going to be kidnapped. I was looking forward to the plot picking up its pace, and got a bit impatient.

I also have to say that I officially like Rob now. In the first book, I wasn’t sure if I did. Now, I think he’s a pretty cool dude.

Safe House gets 5/5 stars. Though it wasn’t as face-paced as I’d have liked, it still had me hooked enough to deserve full credit. Go check out this series!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Safe House.