Iain Edward Henn's Reviews > The Source

The Source by Michael Cordy

Feb 20, 11

Read from January 21 to February 20, 2011

At the core of this novel is the 16th Century artefact known as The Voynich Manuscript - it really exists, its illustrations are real, and the fact it's written in a language that experts have never been able to identify or translate - is a matter of historical record.

Like Cordy's previous novels (I'm a fan and have read all of them), The Source combines adventure and action with Cordy's constant themes of science vs. religion, and Man's quest to understand the past and the mystery of our existence.

I've enjoyed all of Cordy's books and The Source was no exception.

Fans of Raiders Of The Lost Ark-type films will enjoy the exotic locations and fast-moving action, but it is the deeper, questioning nature of the story - universal themes of Man's conflict with one another and with the morality of faith and of science, that in my view give Cordy's novel a greater degree of satisfaction. Some readers might like to see those themes explored in greater depth, but Cordy doesn't let too much introspection get in the way of the plot twists - this is, after all, a thriller. He maintains a balance, which is what makes this a great read for suspense tragics.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Source.