qingling's Reviews > Bloody Valentine

Bloody Valentine by Melissa de la Cruz

Jan 23, 11

Read from January 21 to 22, 2011

I chose to read this book because this book was part of Blue Bloods series and it had a few juicy stories that I was interested in. Before I had started reading this book, I had read at the last page of Misguided Angel and found out that there was a story in this book that talked about the bonding (a.k.a. wedding) of Jack and Schuyler. I was looking forward to reading this story, therefore I chose to read this book. When I started reading, I found out that there were two another stories that were included in the book. The first story was about how Oliver, Schuyler's best friend, was finally freed from being Schuyler's familiar (a human that a vampire had chosen to suck from). The second story was about Schuyler's mom meeting Schuyler's human father. That story was a tragedy. The last one was about Jack and Schuyler's bonding and it was not as romantic as it seems. I liked this book because I got to read about Jack and Schuyler's bonding and knew more about Schuyler's mom's past. Schuyler's mom was an interesting case because I didn't get to learn much about her and what she had done in the past that had made Schuyler grew up as an orphan. I couldn't relate to this book because I had never been in any of these situations. But I would love to recommend this book to any Blue Bloods series readers because only those readers would understand the importance of those stories and how they were related to the main books of the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bloody Valentine.