Tricia's Reviews > Jacob

Jacob by Jacquelyn Frank

May 02, 08

Recommended for: No one
Read in February, 2008

I had heard good things about this author, but sadly I was disappointed. I understand the need to "describe" in order for the reader to paint the picture, but this author OVER does it. I found myself flipping pages just to get past her blah blah blah's, and back to the story.

Her sex scenes are dry, and boring. It's like she copied and pasted each one, and just changed the characters according to the book she was writing.(Jacob, Gideon, Elijah) All tormented, and undeserving of love and family. Each a different Demon of the elements, which is a cool concept, but it felt to much like a poorly written, Feehan knock off.

And like Feehan's "Carpathians," Jacquelyn's "nightwalkers" are all the same story, just different characters. If you've read one book, you've read all three all ready.

I'd say if she had started with the last few chapters of her books, as the beginning and went from there it would of been a lot more interesting for me.

I was bored with this series, and would call it "Ok Filler" while waiting for your fav. author's new novel to come out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jacob.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Andrea Hussey I'm so glad to see that someone else felt the same way as me. The first thing I noticed was that it was a Christine Feehan knockoff. She completely copied every element Feehan created in her Dark series. And I'm relieved that someone else noticed how overboard this author went on descriptions. I thought it was just me that felt that way! She launched into these thoughts and descriptions that lasted page after page, and even did this during the love scenes, making me skim right through. The sex scenes were dry and boring like you said. This book had barely anything going for it.