Ash E.'s Reviews > The Battle of the Labyrinth

The Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan

Apr 19, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: mythology, review-complete
Recommended to Ash by: can't remember
Recommended for: everyone!
read count: 1

REVIEW COMPLETE

Forgive me, all you avid PJ&O fans - for I know you are great in numbers, and the last thing I want is an angry mob showing up at my door - but I must give an honest review here, so if you are willing to defend Riordan's various works with your life, then I suggest you navigate away from this page immediately.

Since these books were not nearly good enough to deserve a different review for each of them (and, frankly, since they all sort of blur together in my mind), it won't do you any good to check the reviews of the others, because I'm just going to copy and paste this one straight into each of the other four books' reviews as soon as I'm finished here.

I thought Percy Jackson and the Olympians was not bad. But, unfortunately, it was also not good. But this is coming from the perspective of a higher level reader and a notoriously fastidious critic.

These books were written for one type of person, and only one: 8 to 15-year-old boys who don't particularly like to read.The voice is one of an ineloquent teenage boy, and thus the vocabulary is severely limited. What's more, the characters are completely intangible - I couldn't sympathize with any of them, because they all seemed to me like emotionless, two-dimensional strips of cardboard.

On the plus side, it'll take you a day to read the entire series, and then you can set them aside and allow them to collect dust until you finally give in and donate them to a charity cause when you need more bookshelf space.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Battle of the Labyrinth.

Carina I agree. The books aren't bad, but they're not the best either :/

message 2: by Ash (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ash E. Thank you! Everyone else seems to think these books are the best idea since sliced bread. I really don't think they're all that fantastic.

Maddy froehlich totally agree these books are a little over rated. That does not mean I dislike them I just don't believe they are as good as all that :)