Kim's Reviews > Faefever

Faefever by Karen Marie Moning

Jan 27, 2011

bookshelves: urban-fantasy, read-in-2011, favorites, read-in-2012, rereads
Read from January 25 to 27, 2011

It's still too soon for me to write a review, but I need to talk about this book, so I'm just going to start sprouting nonsense and see where this thing will go. This will be a crap review (what else is new?) but I... gah! *flaps hands*

Man, I'm loving these books, goddammit. What the hell is up with me and the Pri-ya 'tude? I just finished the third book and I already want to start reading it again. I am rolling around on the floor with these books in my arms, I want to clear Amazon's entire stock of this series and shove copies at everybody who comes within a 10-mile radius, screaming "WHY AREN'T YOU READING THIS RIGHT NOW" in their faces.

I don't even understand why these books are taking over my life right now. I'm either reading these books or thinking about these books, and I'm pretty sure I'm dreaming about them too. mostly about Barrons pressing me up against the wall and pinning my arms above my head with one hand.

I love how much Mac's character is growing, I can see, feel her changing while I'm there, watching her! Right in front of me! *points maniacally*

I just can't seem to find anything about her I don't like. I like her when she's Bookstore!Mac, I like her when she's ScrewYouBarrons!Mac, I like her when she's Hero!Mac.... And even Inventor!Mac. I reacted the same was as Barrons to her MacHalo. Priceless.

Her constant battles with Barrons are delicious, although I felt bad when he completely trashed her attempts at being nice. I understand why she wants what she wants from Barrons, but I can also understand why he doesn't want to give it to her. That doesn't mean I can't cheer them on to go at it like bunnies in front of me.

Also, this is really not the appropriate moment in the review to mention a minor but at this point, I'm barely capable of typing, because my hands keep reaching for my Kindle, but I'm growing very fond of Dani, d'aaaw, I smile every time I see her ^^

See, I can't do OMGYAY reviews. Crap crap crap. *fangirls*

I'm like a Jack Russel on LSD right now.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Faefever.

01/25
01/26
45.0% "ROFL, the MacHalo. EPIC." 3 comments
01/26
70.0% 2 comments
01/27
100.0% 3 comments
06/01 marked as: read

Danny Oh you are faster than me!!! I only started Faefever again ....

message 2: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim I should be done tonight =) And then it's straight on to the next one...

Danny Gosh... Dreamfever is awesomeness! Don't forget thinking about the audioversion from Dreamfever...

~Tina~ Kim wrote: "I should be done tonight =) And then it's straight on to the next one..."

Good girl! I'll be waiting for your reactions.

message 5: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim I keep hearing how epic the ending of this book is. I can't wait to find out!

~Tina~ Epic isn't the word for it...it's more like omgicantfeckingbelievetheauthorleftitthere.

Book 4 is is the Epic cliffy.

Just saying;) XD

Lucy I didn't get to read the first two in the series, which I thin kis a bummer.. but when I got to the end I told myself that i seriously need to do some catching up so I can read the 4th one!!

message 8: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim I want to run in circles, that's how excited I am right now about these effing books.

I'll be mad (for real) by the time I get to read book 5.

~Tina~ These books are all I think about. Moning as kidnapped my life!

message 10: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim Yup, same here. I wish I could say it bothered me XD

~Tina~ Oh it doesn't bother me. My kids are a different story;P
It's all good, I'm almost done the last book. What a ride!

message 12: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim Yes, I loved this! I gasped when I read the ending, it was horrible =( I'm so glad I have the next book ready. And the next one *grins*

message 13: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim Tina, I'm seriously considering skipping sleep tonight.

message 14: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim The first part of Dreamfever is pretty intense as well.

I took a small break now, but I'm already itching to grab my Kindle again.

Nicole Yep, I already got me some of them drugs! I felt exactly the same way when I first read them, KMM steals your life and makes you want to roll around in her books like a pig in mud. I happily join you in your OMGfangirlyness!!

message 16: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim Nicole, I keep thinking the awesome has to stop somewhere, because there are almost no series out there that start out good and stay good.

They usually get repetitive, boring, ridiculous or all of the above. I can't understand how KMM is doing this, but I'm really glad I haven't had to play the rant review card yet.

Nicole The awesome does not stop. Even the little things that annoyed me were done for a reason, KMM is a writing goddess! My brain almost exploded with WOW.

~Tina~ Kim wrote: "Tina, I'm seriously considering skipping sleep tonight."

Who needs sleep when you have Barrons in your arms?

Great review Kim! I feel the exact same way. And I too really liked Dani! I had a hard time with that last scene, but that's me. Thank God book four totally redeemed this one for me though:)

Danny Seeing that you all love Dani so much... the next books Mrs. Awesomeness will write in the Fever world will be about Dani.... But, this also means we get more Mac and Barrons... Holy cow!

~Tina~ Really? Did she say that Mac and Barrons will be in the spin-off?? I'd love to read more about Dani!

message 21: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim But mostly about Barrons ;)

~Tina~ Definitely!! ^^

Oh, Kim, I sent you a PM.

Danny Yep Mac and Barrons will be in it. She said that not everything yet is told, but they won't be the main characters. (Which is a shame if you ask me)

Supposedly it will be a also about Ryodan and Christian too....
More Scottish Highlander Yummie!

message 24: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim I got it Tina, I replied ^^

Danny, I'm going to try those Highlander books soon, is Ryodan one of the characters?

Danny Nope, only the MacKeltar Druids and only in the last 4 books. No Barrons and Ryodan.. The first 3 are good, but are not really related to what happened in the Fever series. But when the MacKeltar's come along (Christians Uncles....) .. Oh my Goodness!!
..be prepared, those books are hot... like reaaalllyy hot.

message 26: by ~Tina~ (last edited Jan 28, 2011 03:41AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

~Tina~ Mannnn! What I wouldn't give if we got the spin-off in Barrons pov!!

I'm gonna lib the first book in the Highlander series, might as well since I adore KM's writing:)

Amy Nielsen Crap! I'm just starting this one and hoping like crazy for Mac/Barrons "bunny" action in this one but *sigh*guess it's not to happen yet. The anticipation is making me CRAZY!

Dorothy Velasquez I think Barron's is the king...just a guess.