Selin's Reviews > Thirteen Reasons Why

Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher

Feb 16, 13

bookshelves: 2011, teens-and-probs, top-10-fav-books
Read from February 15 to 22, 2011

When I read this book two years ago, I was probably just as bad as Hannah. Yes, I admit, suicide seemed like a pretty good idea once upon a time. Time to time it still does, though now I know how to get help. Back then, I thought I didnt DESERVE help. So I made it all worse by reading this book. Dont get me wrong; 13 Reasons Why is one of the best books I've ever read; but good books are often dangerous. It seemed so real, and so desirable, I thought 'hey, why shouldnt I be able to do it?'. I took this book as a guide even though it was meant to serve the opposite purpose. So I guess I owe Jay Asher an apology for taking something so amazing and turning it into such a horrible thing.

If you feel depressed or suicidal, or even just confused; I am here to listen. I've been through it and ı think I can be a good friend and a good listener.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Selin so, ive decided on reading this book since...well..i have been considering...suicide. i thought maybe it might answer some questions and it truly did. in a day ive read 160 pages. the BEST BOOK. i truly reccomend it, lots of drama and emotion. if you were allowed to read only one book in a year, must choose this one. brought tears in my eyes. very touchy subject, said it all for me.

Selin ok, heres my edition of 13 reasons why on bookrix. its not literally the same story line, no not at all, but its about another girls path to suicide. i didnt finish it yet. but if anyone comments it i will continue on writing

heres a link: