Emery Lee's Reviews > Open Country

Open Country by Kaki Warner

Jan 25, 11

bookshelves: desert-island-keepers, historical-romance, keepers
Read from January 21 to 22, 2011

Although I am a lifelong equestrienne, I am surprisingly not a huge fan of western romances, but then again, I'd never read Kaki warner. This second release in the Blood Rose Trilogy had me completely riveted from beginning to end.

The herione was a woman worthy of the title, strong, intelligent but also very vulnerable, and one who had completely given up on love, only to find it in a dead man- well, an almost dead man.

The romance between Molly and Hank that was borne out of tragedy and founded upon deception became genuine in every way. It was heart warming to see it unfurl in slow stages. Although as in most romances, there were a series of misunderstandings, the characters talked them out and handled each in a mature and reasonable way.

I absolutely loved this book and can't wait to read the rest in the series. It's firmly placed on my "keeper" shelf. Hope you enjoy it too.

5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Open Country.

01/21/2011 page 71
16.0% "I'm already wanting to read this author's first book. Extremely well written and engaging."
01/22/2011 page 321
72.0% "Excellent story- believable characters, compelling romance, solid plot and great writing. What more can you ask for? I'll be putting all of this author's other titles on my tbr list." 1 comment