Aik Chien 인첸's Reviews > Catch Us If You Can

Catch Us If You Can by Catherine MacPhail

Jan 21, 11

This book is a (must-read) literature component for Form 5 students. Actually, I was quite excited to read this book, because it sounds special - a grandfather and his grandson on the run. I think the cover portrays the story quite well and it's really eye-catching.

In this story, Rory and his granda live together blissfully, even though sometimes there are troubles because of granda's worsening Alzheimer condition. Granda is a quirky, loveable character who is quite funny at times, while Rory is a matured teenager who loves his granda dearly and takes care of his granda's basic needs.

After a fire started out at their home one day, the two are forced to live separately from each other - granda in the old folks' home and Rory in foster care. As Rory sensed his granda's desolation and depression and his own unwillingness to leave him alone, he decided to run away with his granda.

This short story is like a cup of cooling tea in the afternoon. It's refreshing, original, heartwarming and hilarious. You won't regret reading it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Catch Us If You Can.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nurulain (new)

Nurulain I just found this book in my school library, and Im reading right now. ><
You said that you were assigned to read this for Form 5 lit? What year was that?

message 2: by Teeanne84 (new) - added it

Teeanne84 pls help!! i need to find this book but cudnt..i've searched at some book stores and online but didnt find any..i want to teach my students this nvl 4 lit..pls help! the exam is coming but i still dont hav the copy..actually this nvl is not taught in my area..the students are supposed to study another novel but i want to teach them this novel instead..where n how can i buy this book?please help...