Manda's Reviews > The Sword and the Pen

The Sword and the Pen by Elysa Hendricks

Jan 22, 11

bookshelves: fantasy, romance, weird-books, reviewed
Read from January 21 to 22, 2011

** spoiler alert ** I picked this book up on a whim from the library. The cover isn't that all that great but promises sword fighting at least. It turned out to be better than what I thought it was going to be.
The book is about Brandon who writes a series of books titled 'Warrior Woman'. While writing the final scene of the last Warrior woman book, the main character of his series-Serilda-appeares before him. Brandon thinks she's crazy or some obsessed fan, while Serilda thinks he's a wizard who summoned her into the world.
An attraction occurs between the two characters leading them to a love scene. Serilda leaves Brandon's world as quickly as she came into it and Brandon finds himself in the world he created.
I love how Brandon's character appears in the flesh right next to him, how many writers out there wish their characters were real people, and that they could get a chance to meet them? Brandon does that and actually gets to visit the world he created as well. I would love for my charaters to appear before me and lead me into a world I created!
It's a good book, I would recommed reading if only to envy Brandon for meeting his characters.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sword and the Pen.