Maria Gallo's Reviews > The Back Door of Midnight

The Back Door of Midnight by Elizabeth Chandler

Jan 20, 2011

Read from January 20 to 30, 2011

I absolutely love the romance in this book. I love how you don't know it Zack is using Anna or actually trying to help her up until the end. I thought it was interesting how instead of Anna's crazy aunt decided to help Anna instead of her daughter that ended up being even more crazy than her. This book had a lot of thought in the after world and in spirits people supposedly leave behind when they die. Aunt Iris had this ability to talk with dead people. But since it was a small town she lived in, people just thought she was crazy. With sudden mood swings when she can't stop the voices in her head, they thought that that violence was what made her kill Uncle Will. It wasn't until the end that Anna found out all the truth about her wicked family and how broken they all really were.
I didn't like Zack's Girlfriend/friend was using Zack so Zack could use Anna. She didn't respect how much pain Anna has been all her life and even more when she found out the only family member she still trusted was murdered. I thought it was extremely creepy when Erik's (Zack's girlfriend/friend) dad was walking towards Anna's house in the middle of the night because he never really got over Anna's mom, Joanna. To be honest i thought he was either going to kidnap Anna or try to rape her. But it was really breathe taking when I read that Zack was outside her house protecting her. That's when i knew that Zack really did care about Anna.
At the end when they ended up together, it just warmed my heart at how Zack told her he was in love with her.
Right now Elizabeth Chandler is one of my favorite author's I really hope she keeps on writing her amazing breathe taking novels.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Back Door of Midnight.

01/20/2011 page 65