C.'s Reviews > Gone with the Wind

Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell

Jan 20, 11

bookshelves: historical, romance, historical-victorian, favorites
Read from May 12 to 19, 2012 — I own a copy

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gone with the Wind.

Quotes C. Liked

Margaret Mitchell
“Scarlet O'Hara was not beautiful, but men seldom realized it when caught by her charm as the Tarleton twins were. In her face were too sharply blended the delicate features of her mother, a Coast aristocrat of French descent, and the heavy ones of her florid Irish father. But it was an arresting face, pointed of chin, square of jaw. Her eyes were pale green without a touch of hazel, starred with bristly black lashes and slightly tilted at the ends. Above them, her thick black brows slanted upward, cutting a startling oblique line in her magnolia-white skin-that skin so prized by Southern women and so carefully guarded with bonnets, veils and mittens against hot Georgia suns.”

Margaret Mitchell
“They are kind of queer about music and books and scenery. Mother says it’s because their grandfather came from Virginia. She says Virginians set quite a store by such things.”

Margaret Mitchell
“No, my dear, I'm not in love with you, no more than you are with me, and if I were, you would be the last person I'd ever tell. God help the man who ever really loves you. You'd break his heart, my darling, cruel, destructive little cat who is so careless and confident she doesn't even trouble to sheathe her claws.”

Margaret Mitchell
“The green eyes in the carefully sweet face were turbulent, willful, lusty with life, distinctly at variance with her decorous demeanor. Her manners had been imposed upon her ... her eyes were her own.”

05/12/2012 page 146
05/13/2012 page 258
25.0% "I will never not bawl like a small child over the Gettysburg casualty lists. "Surely, surely -- there couldn't be three 'Tarleton' names on that list.""
show 3 hidden updates…