Shellby's Reviews > Fear Nothing

Fear Nothing by Dean Koontz

F 50x66
Jan 24, 11

Jan 20, 2011
Fear Nothing, by Dean Koontz, was the story of a man who cannot be exposed to light, and it is just what you would expect. A dark story filled with mystery, murder, and body snatching suspense, I found that Dean Koontz did it again with another fantastic book. This was not just another murder story, mainly because the main character was plagued with a disease that keeps him from being able to go into the sun. Therefore, the entire book takes place at night, and when it doesn't, you become so attached to Christopher Snow that you worry about him. Dean Koontz turns a very classic idea of murder into something that will be remembered long after the last page is turned.
Fear Nothing is the story of Christopher Snow, a man plagued with XP, a dangerous disease. When his father's body is stolen from the hospital, he is thrown into an adventure that stuns. Christopher suddenly learns secrets about nearby Fort Wyvren, involving monkeys, and finds that it is either "kill or be killed".
When I first read the book, I finished with a reaction that was rather stunned. The book was fantastic, and I wanted to read the sequel badly. Dean Koontz is always a very good writer, so I had no doubt in his ability to write a successful and suspenseful book (and he did). Every time I turned a corner, I was greeted by a new surprise or plot twist. The book, overall, was a success, and I can't wait to read the sequel to it.
(Edited-for clarity-on January 24, 2011)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fear Nothing.