~Tina~'s Reviews > Faefever

Faefever by Karen Marie Moning

Jan 25, 11

bookshelves: own, adults, urban_fantasy, fey-folk, read-2011, favorites
Read from January 24 to 25, 2011

Ah hell, what to say, what to say....
I don't even know how to rate this one.
Okay, if anyone knows me knows there's a reason I don't read UF. Rape, violence, and unimaginable acts of cruel usually linger in those pages. The Fever series isn't the exception. So far the first two books were okay, but then this book had to happen, or more accurately the last scene. Sure I should have expected it somewhere down the line, but It was still hard to stomach, and apart of me, a HUGE part, just doesn't have any desire to keep going.
But then I had to take a step back and look at the whole picture. Besides that scene, I loved this book. I hated this book. It's frustrating and fascinating at the same time. I'm at the point where I want to slam this book in a wall or keep flipping the pages at a feverish pace.
So I trudge on, cause I'm sadly addicted. I want to know what happens to these characters. I am invested in Mac's fight. In Barrons mysteries and this intricate and hugely in-depth plot.

And, I'm not happy about it.

~deep breaths~ And on to Dreamfever I go....
8 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Faefever.

message 1: by Nic (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nic ~whispers~ Have they done it yet ;)

message 2: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim SHHHHH!!!!

~Tina~ Barrons FINALLY shows up! That was like...four chapters of no him. Pfft.

message 4: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim ROFL, I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets annoyed by his absence ^^

~Tina~ He owns these books. And he knows it.

message 6: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim He owns us, and I bet he knows that too.

Jessica I want to be owned and dominated, too :( Hopefully my books will arrive soon ^^

~Tina~ Kim wrote: "He owns us, and I bet he knows that too."

Cocky bastard.

Might as well pick up a collar Jess while your at it ~sigh~

Jessica LOL XD I'll go for that one:

message 10: by ~Tina~ (last edited Jan 25, 2011 08:13AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

~Tina~ HA! It's even pink!! ROFL!

message 11: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim Pick... is that short for pink... di...

Kay, I'm sorry. I just can't help myself.

Jess, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for your books. Mine should arrive tomorrow. I can finally stop molesting my Kindle.

~Tina~ There, I fixed it lol what a time for a spelling mistake ~goes back to Barrons. Oh FWI...don't try to make the boy a b-day cake. Just saying~

message 13: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim ROFL, can't wait to read that part XD

~Tina~ All I have to say Kim is that you best wait till you have time to read this book AND the next. It's a whopper!

message 15: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim I'm almost tearing out my freshly cut hair

message 16: by Nic (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nic Tina, you have got me worried!

~Tina~ Kim, no worries you'll love this!
AND OMG THE FIRST FEW CHAPTER IN THE NEXT BOOK!!

Nic, it's okay, I'm okay now that I've started the next book. You know how I am with violence, it's to be expected but still slaps you in the face. Hard. Ya know?

message 18: by Lora (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lora That's what I meant before, Tina. I've got this on my shelf and I've read the end of it (I don't like to get into a series and be surprised by things like THAT). I'm interested to see what you think of the next one. :)

message 19: by Nic (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nic ~Tina~ wrote: "Kim, no worries you'll love this!
AND OMG THE FIRST FEW CHAPTER IN THE NEXT BOOK!!

~looks around for Kim and whispers~ Have the done it yet?

I can't buy the rest of the series until late next week. I have spent my book budget already :(

~Tina~ ^^ I don't really know how you'll take these books Lora. Your gonna love it. Your gonna hate it, so I guess the question is if you can continue it.
I skimmed the first few chapters of the Dreamfeaver, I just needed a...safe point so to speak. It's all good, I can handle it better now. On the thrid chapter. This is gonna be an all nighter!

~Tina~ Nic wrote: "~looks around for Kim and whispers~ Have the done it yet?

My lips are sealed twinie;)

message 22: by Nic (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nic Since we are twins are I trying to read your thoughts ~ concentrates really hard ~ >.<

~Tina~ I'm thinking of a word. @.@ You can do it twinie >.<

Crystal Great review Tina :) I had a hard time with the ending too.

~Tina~ Thanks:)
Yeah:( Didn't like that ending, but at least I know to just skip that part the next time I read it:)

Arlene Ugh I'm having a hard time with the ending too! WTF!

~Tina~ Arlene wrote: "Ugh I'm having a hard time with the ending too! WTF!"

It's the only book that does it, okay that not true, there are WTF moments in the two last books as well, but it doesn't disgust you like this one does hun.

Arlene Thanks for the warning Tina. I think I might hold off for a while. :( I actually teared up when I read that scene... and I don't do tears well. :/

~Tina~ Awwwww ~big hugs~