Sho's Reviews > Cast in Fury

Cast in Fury by Michelle Sagara

Jan 20, 2011

bookshelves: fantasy, re-read
Read in December, 2011

I am rereading the series with the audiobook and devouring them!
This book goes into the legend/history of Leotines and we get to find out why the foundling hall was founded. We also get to see the family life Marcus leads and how Kaylin was adopted as part of the family.

The focus of the story is a question. Should we destroy something based on what one “might” become in the future or should we allow the chance for a better future? I love the way the story develops and explores the myths as well as the lives of Marcus’s wives. The connection between the dragons as the first born and the other creatures were fascinating, too.

This series has become one of my favorite series and it is wonderful to listen! There is always something new to discover when you listen to it!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cast in Fury.

Estara I haven't heard them, just read them but I agree that this is a series that rewards rereads - but then so do all Michelle Sagara West's books that I've read so far. The only series that has been hard for me to get into, even as I have all the books, is The Sundering - which I believe are her earliest books.

message 2: by Sho (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sho I really need to read her other books!

Estara I agree, but you should only get the first book in the series she writes as Michelle West - because her tone is epic fantasy there with lots of viewpoint characters and it reads quite different to the Elantra series.

If you have liked Epic fantasy with lots of women in charge before, then you can buy more books right away ^^, heh.

message 4: by Sho (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sho Sounds really good! More books Yay!