Our Library Mornington's Reviews > Dexter Is Delicious

U 50x66
Jan 19, 11

bookshelves: we-recommend
Read in October, 2010

Upon the birth of his daughter, Dexter is surprised to learn that for the first time in his life, he is feeling human emotion. Dexter resolves to abolish his dark ways despite the occasional flutter from his Dark Passenger. But when the return of an old “friend” and the investigation of a missing girl threatens Dexter’s newly blissful existence, Dexter might be influenced to return to his old ways.

It’s not very often you find yourself cheering on a serial killer and crossing your fingers that he doesn’t get caught, or as the case may be with this book, hoping that he will in fact return to his old homicidal habit, but Jeff Lindsay has achieved this in Dexter Morgan. My most favourite part of this book is Dexter’s monologue, which allows you to experience the difference between the persona Dexter shows the world compared to what really goes on in the dark and deadly mind of the demented Dexter. He makes me laugh and I enjoy every page of Dexter’s travels, I even find myself dismissing the fact that he is in fact a serial killer – something I thought I would never do!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dexter Is Delicious.